Introducing the Magnificent "Dolle"
Jan de Wijs
Prepare to be captivated by the extraordinary tale of the renowned "Dolle," a pigeon that has etched its name into the annals of pigeon racing history.
Prepare to be captivated by the extraordinary tale of the renowned "Dolle," a pigeon that has etched its name into the annals of pigeon racing history. This majestic creature, with its remarkable achievements and unparalleled genetic value, has rightfully earned its title as the greatest long-distance pigeon in the world. The impact of the "Dolle" on the Jan Aarden strain during the illustrious decades of the 1970s and 1980s cannot be overstated, as its bloodline has since produced an astounding number of champion aces.
In 1985, at the venerable age of eighteen, the "Dolle" passed away at the Van Geel loft, leaving behind a legacy that continues to inspire awe. A quintessential Jan Aarden pigeon, it possessed captivating chestnut-brown eyes and feathers as soft as silk, traits that it dutifully bequeathed to its descendants.
By 1975, the "Dolle" had been enshrined in the stock loft, forever destined to leave an indelible mark. Along its illustrious journey, it secured numerous victories, even earning a car for its proud owner. An exceptional performer, the "Dolle" never failed to astound, conquering 17 long-distance races and emerging triumphant on every single occasion.
Let us now marvel at some of the most remarkable accomplishments of the incomparable "Dolle":
- 1st Provincial St. Vincent: Outshining a staggering field of 1,684 pigeons over a grueling 980-kilometer course.
- 3rd National St. Vincent: Dazzling the competition, with a remarkable performance against 6,844 pigeons over the same challenging distance.
- 1st Provincial Dax: Conquering a formidable flock of 1,032 pigeons over a demanding 970-kilometer route.
- 3rd National Dax: Proving its mettle against 3,649 pigeons, crossing the finish line in an extraordinary display of endurance.
- 9th Provincial Limoges: Demonstrating its prowess over a distance of 650 kilometers, soaring past 1,610 pigeons to secure an impressive placement.
- 12th National St. Vincent: Among 6,917 pigeons, the "Dolle" exhibited its indomitable spirit and earned a position of distinction.
And many more outstanding achievements that bear testament to the "Dolle's" unparalleled legacy.
Bred from pure Jan Aarden pigeons through the lineage of Ligtenberg and Van Agtmaal, both hailing from Steenbergen, the "Dolle" inherited its exceptional talents from remarkable ancestors. Its father, the "Ligtenberg" (H61-145676), possessed an illustrious pedigree that can be traced back to the revered Jan Aarden pigeons, with Toon Ligtenberg's expertise playing a pivotal role in shaping this remarkable bird. The "Ligtenberg" too belonged to the same extraordinary class as the legendary "Dolle."
As for its mother, the "Moeder Dolle" (H63-306428), she exuded elegance with her enchanting dark violet-colored eyes. Bred from the finest stock of Van Agtmaal, she shared a close kinship with the world-renowned "500." The combination of these exceptional bloodlines undoubtedly contributed to the "Dolle's" unrivaled long-distance capabilities.
Truly, there has never been a long-distance pigeon as magnificent as the "Dolle." This avian marvel has left an indelible imprint on the sport, serving as the foundation for countless champion lofts worldwide. Even today....
Have you been captivated by this incredible story? Are you yearning to have pigeons from this legendary lineage? Look no further! Contact me today, as I have a stock of exceptional quality pigeons available for you!
Until next time....
Jan de Wijs
Blogger, Racing Pigeon Expert and Influencer...